Why is a CTO integral to the quality of your organization?
The unceasing acceleration of technological change makes it critical for companies and organizations to always stay one step ahead of technology trends and have the ability to anticipate disruptions before they become imminent. That’s where the role of a CTO becomes integral to your business.
The phenomenon of the Fourth Technological Revolution makes the role and responsibilities of a CTO inherent in all contemporary companies. The CTO encourages employees to have a forward-thinking mindset about how certain technologies could strengthen a company’s position in the marketplace and stay ahead of its competitors. Therefore, a CTO that succeeds today must continue to push forwards and be aware of other companies that experiment with new technologies as well.
“The effects of the pandemic drove 76% of businesses to strategize long-term changes in their IT.”
“72% of business executives believe artificial intelligence is going to be a business advantage to them in the future.”
Source: Anna Djurovic, GoRemotely
“Artificial intelligence is projected to add $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030.”
Source: Anna Djurovic, GoRemotely
Blended Professional Certificate: Chief Technology Officer
High-quality projections indicate massive technological shifts on the horizon. Significant changes are already occurring in our present-day architecture. The implications of blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and other novel technologies are giving way to new understandings and new standards of performance. In order for top-level organizations to thrive, they need elite and experienced professionals to push systems forward, proactively embracing innovation to drive culture, management, infrastructure, and profits.
Premium Access /
MIT Professional Education ecosystem
Exclusive access to networkings events, live – online sessions with speakers, company visits and international MIT Alumni network.
Personalized coaching sessions based on a leadership assessment. Besides, you will take hands-on workshops on managing cultural diversity, personal communication, creativity and innovation and managing complexity.
In turn, you will have the support of a specialized career development coach who will help you enhance and elevate your professional career.
To be considered as an eligible candidate, please proceed with the following steps:
Deadline: April 30th, 2022
Fee: $300 USD
Deadline: May 31th, 2022
Fee: $400 USD
Deadline: July 1th, 2022
Fee: $500 USD
Throughout this professional program, you will:
Find out how to conduct business in a multicultural environment
Quantity technology progress over time using relevant figures of merit .
Map technologies to a product / service and set realistic figures of merit-based targets.
Shape the R&D strategy and portfolio of an organization based on a set of technology roadmap and effective R&D execution.
Comprehend the system dynamics modeling approach to model technical innovation.
Anticipate and prepare for the technological evolution.
Understand the globality of data and master the 4 steps for implementing machine learning plans.
Learn the characteristics of datasets and become familiar with how to use effective statistical tools to identify and clarify data.
Obtain an overview of the theory and practice of new technologies that lead to digital transformation.
Develop a vision about how to apply technologies to organizations and to your professional career.
This Blended Professional Certificate: Chief Technology Officer is designed for
- Leaders of technological departments or projects who need to understand the evolution of technology and the optimal technology management for their organizations.
- Current and aspiring C-suite executives from Digital, IT, Marketing and Strategy responsible to setting up the corporate and product strategy.
- Senior consultants and entrepreneurs that need to understand the role of technology in the company´s growth and portfolio.
- Senior executives looking for innovating and leveraging technology.
Participants are required to have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- At least 3 years of experience managing projects related to technology, innovation or business development.
- International experience is appreciated.
Meet the faculty
*Faculty are listed in alphabetical order
Dr. Abel Sanchez holds a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and teaches MIT courses in cyber security, engineering, blockchain and data science. He has been involved in developing educational software for Microsoft and establishing the Accenture Technology Academy. He has produced over 150 educational videos, has 10 years of experience with learning management systems and has made deployments in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Mr. Pant was part of the “The Future of Education at MIT” team, created by the MIT President, and contributed specifically to the work of the subcommittee that was responsible for “opening the doors of MIT to the world”.
- Building on Mr. Pant’s initiative, whose objective was to expand globally, MIT Professional Education offers short programs in an increasing number of regions in Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Europe.
- Prior to joining MIT, Mr. Pant held important leadership positions in education and corporate companies around the world.
A former professor of management, Dr. Niño has published on leadership, ethics, corporate culture and the development of professional management skills. He has conducted research in cutting-edge technology environments and is currently interested in researching how leadership is developed among engineers and in engineering organizations. Dr. Niño has taught leadership since 1998 at the undergraduate, master’s, doctoral and executive/professional levels.
He is currently a founding director of the Leadership Development Division of the American Society for Engineering Education and advises professionals and executives on leadership and team development issues.
Currently, his research is focused on the development of large-scale machine learning algorithms for unstructured data, especially those related to society.
- Devavrat has been awarded with prizes for his contributions to machine learning, operations research and computer science, in addition to the Erlang award in 2010, given by INFORMS Applied Probability Society.
- He is co-founder of Celect, Inc., whose goal is to help retailers make decisions by accurately predicting consumer choices based on omnichannel data.
- He has contributed to the development of “gossip” protocols and message passing algorithms for statistical inference that have become a mainstay of modern distributed data processing systems.
He is author and coauthor of more than 250 articles in journals and conferences. Professor Williams teaches courses on the basics of programming, modern software development, the architecture of web, cloud and blockchain systems. In addition, he holds a BSc in Physics from Oxford University, an MSc in Physics from UCLA, and a PhD from the University of Swansea.
Since 2001, de Weck’s group has developed original quantitative methods and tools that explicitly consider manufacturability, flexibility, commonality, and sustainability, among other characteristics. De Weck’s teaching emphasizes excellence, innovation, and the irrefutable bridge between theory and practice.
- De Weck holds a degree in industrial engineering from ETH Zurich and an M.S. in aeronautics and astronautics from MIT.
- He earned his Ph.D. in aerospace systems from MIT.
- De Weck was an engineering program manager on the F/A-18 aircraft program at McDonnell Douglas.